5 Things You Should Know Before Your Trip to Nepal - Placed sophisticated between India and China, Nepal is home to some of the most fascinated places in the world. Not only perfect for hikers, as Nepal offers some of the most beautiful streets in Kathmandu. To help you make the most out of your Nepal excursion we have listed down five things that you absolutely must indulge in when in Nepal.
Mt. Everest is one of the most majestic mountains in the world. However, that is not all Nepal is famous for, during your excursion you will find that Nepal is the birthplace to Buddha, and is one of the few countries that has never been colonized. When you look around Nepal you will see endless beauty, vibrant culture, towering mountains, and be able to meet charismatic people.
- Social Etiquette – Nepal is known for its social etiquettes, from the moment you step onto Nepali ground you will find pleasant, helpful, and caring individuals. Their culture teaches them to be polite, and respect their guests which is what you will start to love about the place. To ensure a great excursion we suggest you address them with the same kindness and gratitude. Say words such as “namaste” or “namaskar” to say hello, and use the term “dai” when referring to men, and “didi” when referring to women.
- Adventurous – One of the main reasons tourist find Nepal so attractive is due to its adventurous side. Even if you are not adventurous at heart, you should consider one of the many adventures Nepal has to offer. This will make your excursion completely, so you don’t feel like you have missed out on anything.
- Local Food – During your excursion do not forget to indulge in the local eats. Napali food is simply delicious, and it just keeps on getting better. If there is one thing you can rest assured of is that you will find a delicious restaurant to eat from no matter where you are. Keep in mind that Nepali food is pretty spicy, so you might want to ask the chef to dial the heat down when ordering.
- Water Safety – If you are planning on going around like a local, or backpacker; then it would be best to carry a saucepan and water bottle on you all the time. The tap water is not safe to drink, so if wish to refill your bottle, it would be best to boil it first. Or you can stick to bottled water that is easily available in stores.
- Everest Mountain Flight – If you are not much of a climber, but still wish to conquer Mount Everest, then the best thing to do is indulge in a scenic flight. These flights are offered by local airlines and allow you to take in raw beauty as you drift above the clouds. During your flight, you will see gorgeous lakes, glaciers, mountains, and rivers as far as your eyesight goes. In addition, these planes come with non-tined windows that ensure clarity in real life and photographs.